How To Make Your Own Water Based Lubricant – Home / Sex and Intimacy / How to Be Romantic / 10 Homemade DIY Lube You’ll Love Using
It’s no secret that lube can be a game changer in the bedroom, but what about homemade lube? Is that a thing? We are here to say yes! This is definitely “stuff” you’ll want to try right away! We’ve compiled a list of the best natural lube alternatives to store-bought lube, and you’re sure to love these! Everyone has their own lube preferences, but this list has several different options with a variety of ingredients, so you’re sure to find something you like. We’re sure you’ll find one (or two…or more!) ideas that will rock your world in your bedroom! Grab a pen and paper and write down these easy recipes. Then get ready to try these homemade lubes!
- 1. How To Make Your Own Water Based Lubricant
- 2. The 5 Best Lubes For Sex In 2023
- 3. The Best Natural Lubes And Intimate Oils
- 4. Marine Sprays & Lubricants: Picks From The Pros
How To Make Your Own Water Based Lubricant
Maybe you didn’t know it was possible, but homemade lube is actually pretty easy and super comforting if you do it right! We thought it might be hard to determine what the best homemade lube recipe is when you do your own research, so we did it for you! We’ve researched, reviewed, and tested these lube alternatives and we’re excited to present them for you (and your beneficial partners) to use and enjoy! So let’s get started, shall we?
How To Make Weed Lube
Before we share this list of great homemade lube recipes with you, we recommend that you check with your doctor to make sure that none of these ingredients could harm you or cause a reaction. While all of these recipes offer natural ingredients, the human body is an organism and everyone can respond differently! We absolutely want your homemade lube experience to be a good one, so please keep that in mind. Now, on to the recipes!
1. Love Lotion Homemade Lubricant – The tranquility of homemade lubricant meets the best of sensual massage lotions…that’s Love Lotion Homemade Lubricant! This will make a great gift for your bunny! But if you’re not in the DIY mood, this is a Diva favorite too! There is also the option of turning this homemade lube into an edible lube. It’s worth a try!
2. The Homemade Lube That Will Change Your Life – With a title like that, you know it has to be good! The best part? This only needs one ingredient! A must try this!
3. Chocolate Body Butter Lubricant – Yes, you read that right! In fact, there is a chocolate fudge recipe that is super easy to make and super delicious 😉 I think if your sweet tooth is sweet, your loved ones will love this!
Trojan™ H₂o Sensitive Touch Lube With Aloe And Vitamin E
4. Cornstarch Lubricant – Another cheap recipe, you probably already have what you need! This recipe has the added bonus of being able to customize it to your preferred consistency.
5. Flaxseed Lubricant – Because flaxseed releases oils and starches when boiled, this natural lubricant formula produces a smooth personal lubricant that is more like a gel. If slippery is more your style, keep this recipe close!
6. Coconut Oil Lube with Essential Oils – Essential oils have many benefits, but adding them to your homemade lube might be one of the best! Due to their natural properties, they will bring out the best feeling. Try this recipe for a sensational experience!
7. Aloe Vera Lube – I’m sure you remember the cooling sensation that aloe vera gel gave you. Imagine you had this homemade lubricant in lube form! An upgrade to this, however, is the addition of flax and peppermint oils for an extra level of cooling! Highly recommend this!
The 5 Best Lubes For Sex In 2023
8. Water-based lube – There are some downsides to using an oil-based lube, so if that’s an issue for you, this water-based lube recipe is perfect! While it takes kudzu and getting the right consistency, the bedroom benefits will prove the pitfall!
9. Homemade Natural Lubricant – Another option using natural ingredients and essential oils that has proven to be a joy! The essential oils in this recipe also have a special added benefit!
10. Cooking Oils – According to this article, you can simply use basic cooking oils as personal lubricants, such as avocado, sesame, olive, and grapeseed. If you have, why not try it?
We can’t wait for you to try these recipes! When you introduce something new in your bedroom, why not try playing a game or making things more interesting? This list of bedroom games is full of suggestions, hey, we’re sure you’ll find something you like! 😉 Make it a full date night and do more than just lube together…you can have your own homemade fondue night and really get those feelings going!
Best Water Based Lubes For Friction Free Sex & Masturbation
If you want more ways to spice up your bedroom, you need Sexy Texty! Every week we send you and your spouse new, sexy ideas to try.
I’m a brave, adventure-seeking lady! I am very lucky to be married to the most beautiful people around, so my three little boys are very attractive. We just welcomed a baby girl to our tribe! As a family of four we felt complete. I love to create, run, cook, beautiful things and spend as much time as possible with my family. A white circle with a black border surrounds an upward chevron. It means “Click here to go back to the top of the page”.
Two intersecting lines that form an “X”. It indicates a way to close the interaction or close the notification.
Home Chevron icon It indicates an expandable section or menu, or sometimes a previous/next navigation option. healthy
The Best Natural Lubes And Intimate Oils
5 homemade shortening options you’ll find in your kitchen cabinet—and how to make your own homemade shortening
Facebook icon letter F. Email icon from Facebook Envelope. It indicates the ability to send email. Email Twitter icon. Stylized bird with open beak chirping. Twitter Snapchat Icon Ghost. Snapchat Flipboard icon Stylized letter F. Flipboard Pinterest icon Letter “P” stylized to look like a pin. Pinterest link icon Link image. It simulates a website link url. copy Link
This article has been medically reviewed by Rosara Torrisi, LCSW, CST, MSSW, MEd, PhD, a certified sex therapist at the Long Island Sex Therapy Institute.
Our stories are vetted by medical professionals to ensure you get the most accurate and useful information about your health and well-being. For more information, please visit our Medical Review Board.
Best Bike Chain Lubes: How To Make Your Bike Faster, Quieter & Smoother
Lubricant can be a great tool to improve sex because it can help prevent painful friction. But not all lube is created equal. Some store-bought lubricants contain harsh chemicals and are not suitable for use on your most sensitive areas.
If you’re looking for a more natural option, there are several household ingredients you can use to make a DIY lube. Here are five common products that work well as lube and are safe for your body — and how to make your own at home.
The skin in and around the genitals can be especially sensitive, so it’s important to consider which products you use as lubricants.
For this reason, many people “prefer to use chemical-free lubricants to avoid infection, irritation and discomfort,” says Alyssa Dweck, MD, a gynecologist at North Winchester Hospital and an assistant professor at New York Medical College.
Best Natural Lubes: 17 Products, Diy Options & Alternatives
This is especially true for those going through menopause, as hormonal changes can make your vagina and vulva more vulnerable to damage, Dweck says.
Many commercial lubricants contain chemicals that can be harmful to your intimate area. You may want to avoid products that contain these ingredients:
If you’re looking for a safer, easier option, here are the best natural lubricants you should try.
“Coconut oil is a popular natural lubricant and is generally well tolerated,” says Dweck. One reason for its popularity may be because it smells and tastes great, which is an added bonus for bows.
Marine Sprays & Lubricants: Picks From The Pros
Just be sure to check whether you’re buying virgin or unrefined coconut oil, as refined oils can contain additives that can irritate the skin. Also, if you use condoms, you should choose another option because the oil can damage the latex and make it ineffective.
Important: “Keep in mind that if the condom is used for STI or pregnancy prevention, oils are not compatible and another water- or silicone-based lube is preferred,” says Dweck.
Olive oil is another natural oil choice, and like coconut oil, virgin or extra virgin olive oil is best avoided with additives. Olive oil is also safe to consume, so it’s great for oral sex.
Olive oil has the added bonus of being easy to find and relatively low cost. However, you may want to be careful where you use it, as it can stain fabrics.
Best Homemade Sex Lube (diy)
Like any other natural oil, you cannot use olive oil with condoms or latex sex toys. But it has the advantage of lasting longer than many
How to make water based lubricant at home, make your own water based personal lubricant, how to make your own lubricant, how to use water based lubricant, make your own water based lubricant, make your own personal lubricant, make your own lubricant, how to make your own water based personal lubricant, make water based lubricant, how to make water based personal lubricant, how to make water based lubricant, how to make your own personal lubricant